We've been blessed this week with Eli's recovery, Kaylynn & Garrett agreeing to a "road trip" with us and warmer temps w/sunshine. It was tough to not jump a plane to Oklahoma when the call came about Eli's illness but we hung in there for knew he was in the right spot and being well taken care of and the dear friends of Cathy & Andy would step in for 48 hours to care for Drew, and Jordan. Our weekend was focused once again on looking, learning and gathering information for the house at the farm. Window sizes have been determined (finally) along with their placement - I'm more a "visual" than "tell me dimensions and I know what your talking about" person so it was maddening not only for me, but for the one trying to explain/show it to me (you know who that was!). Our focus is turning to our mid-week road trip and we can't wait! I hope Kaylynn & Garrett are as excited as we are - I'm planning games for the ride (Garrett loves "I'm going on vacation and in my suitcase I'm taking..."), reading time, story telling time and of course, their favorite I'm sure...DS time:) Everyone is anxious to see Stephanie & Andy and can't wait to get our hands and eyes on Olivia! We hesitated about leaving Kelly since she's having knee surgery Thursday but hopefully she will be able to manage w/out the kids there to help. Grandma T seems to be recovered from her spill and head wound, but is not happy that she hasn't been able to go to the beauty shop for 2 weeks! They are to start on her roof this week and putting a new front window in - weather looks good so hopefully all will go smoothly. Wishing everyone a great week....happy birthday to Eric on the 29th and Andy on 11/1.....last year we celebrated by tailgating at PURDUE on a cold windy day didn't we.
No comments:
Post a Comment