Sunday, October 4, 2009

82 Days 'till Christmas - it must be Fall!

Here in Indiana we're waking up to 40 degree mornings, eating lunch in a warm sunbeam and coming home in the dark...it must be fall. The corn around our house is brown and crackling and I wonder how it stays standing on these windy days where corn shucks are swirling in the air. The battle is on at our house ... no furnace on vs. turn the furnace on! Okay, it's set on 60 so if it comes on I guess it's a tad cool in here :) I've been working with my sorority the past several weeks preparing for our state convention which my chapter was host for. We had 51 ladies today and enjoyed a fabulous lunch, slide show honoring 6 ladies who have been EAX members since 1950-1959 and a fun game of "Sorority Jeopardy". Of course, I was lucky enough to be on the entertainment committee and we had a blast doing the game! Steve was busy with the Fair Assoc. annual porkchop-chicken dinner today and they served 382 meals...good moneymaker for them.
I must ask that you either start or continue praying for Tara and Jim Terry (formerly Tara Putt). Jim is undergoing new cutting-edge treatment at Northwestern for the most aggressive form of stomach cancer known - he is in his second round of 3 or 4 rounds of treatment with the cancer staying at bay from his other organs at the present time. They have 3 boys, ages 10, 7 and 6 months. Tara herself has had severe health issues since her pregnancy and is near a complete breakdown, according to her mother. This family needs lifted up each day.
I've committed to being a helper at SEEK each Wednesday night at church again for the fall session - we have been having 13-15 in our K-1 & 2 class - it is a challenge for sure but so far so good! We are looking forward to watching Kaylynn's soccer tourney on Sat. 10/17 and Sunday 10/18. They are playing well right now so "Go Lightning"!! Have a good week everyone.......

No comments: