Although the Indiana temperatures don't quite indicate spring I know it is near as I sat in a beautiful warm sunbeam at my desk this morning - it warmed my soul and my heart abit. We have been blessed with caring words and cards from friends and aquaintences with the loss of our sweet little grandson - we talk about him everyday, and are thrilled with the way Drew and Jordan are growing. I'm afraid they will have changed too much before I get to see them again and cant' wait to hold them in my arms!! Plus, little Eli seems to have had to take over some of the kitchen duties from the pic's I've seen so a trip to Oklahoma may be in order to rescue him!I'm excited about coming to Charleston in a few weeks - you will have beautiful sunshine, right Stephanie? With both grandma's in the Allen house its sure to be a weekend "all about babies" (well, mommy too!). Deb and I will be making baby plans all the way from Charlotte so look out :) It's also time to gear up for those great soccer games of Kaylynn's and Garrett's - why, we believe they're the best 9 & 7 year old players on the field! Dad knows it's spring for the pig sales are in full swing and he tries his best to get to them (uh, surprise surprise!) - in fact he's out helping someone else set up for one, being the nice guy that he is! We cheered on our Purdue teams and were proud of their efforts. Basketball just ended and the ticket order for football arrived in the mail - go figure. I've got to bake Saturday for our Mission's bake sale on Sunday at church; we're also going on a one day "mission work trip" the first Saturday in May - I'm looking forward to it, but not sure what we'll be doing as of yet. Hope everyone has a nice weekend and don't forget it's Palm Sunday - enjoy your church's service, wherever you may be.
No comments:
Post a Comment